Friday, September 2, 2011

Cuyuna Type Trails, Coming to the Iron Range??!!!!

I have a friend and fellow biker thats on the park board for the City of Hibbing, and he said to start getting ready for big news!!!
My 1st reaction when hearing this news was, about damn time!!!

The planning is in it's very early stages, but all the right people's are involved. IMBA, The City of Hibbing, a couple members of COGGS along with others.
80-100 acres are 1st on the list, with another 200-300 being looked at.

I realize it'll take 7-10 years for any dirt to be moved, but I can't wait to get my hands dirty, and the back to be sore from working on trails!!!

There's talk of taking the cities parks director, mayor and others down to Cuyuna to check out what's been done...... Ha Ha I might have to join them!!

I will post more as I hear it, and get more involved with helping this process move forward.

Peace....

1 comment: