Friday, July 11, 2014

A Very Local Gravel Ride: The Fiddlin' Fifty

This ride just came across my radar this morning.
Sounds like a truly laid back FREE event, going off pedaling close (if need be), to my home town!!
I know at least one guy who could guess, and who's probably ridden some of these roads/trails!! Lol
Photo credit goes to Scott and Sharon.... The events originators. 


Anyway, this ride goes off August 23rd, and all the info can be had by following the link above!!

FOR PEOPLE WHO'VE HAD A HARD TIME FINDING THE INFO.........

"The early response to our little event kind of took me by surprise. Many of the questions involve Date, registration, and route. The date is Aug. 23rd. The route is in Balkan Township, and surrounding area. The route is set but the cue sheets are not. Mileage by GPS, Odometer, and cycle computer is 55Miles. About 53 of those miles are gravel. There is nor registration fee and the event will not be timed this year. We will going forward, be better prepared to make it a formal competition. I would like to have the front runners to go hard and the folks in the back to feel no pressure. This will start and end at my house so numbers are important to me. Therefore we will have pre-registration by post card and day of registration for a couple of hours before the ride. Ride start will be 9AM Aprox. Morning registration will be from 7 to 8:30AM. You may begin sending post cards now to; Fiddlin' fifty C/O Scott Dahlquist 6479 Colombe Rd. Chisholm, MN 55719. I need a name, address, phone, and e-mail. I hope this answers some questions and we will have more information as we work through the details."

Scott


Pedal On!!
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment